Student Rights and Responsibilities
Student rights include:
- Equal access to all University programs, services, facilities, and activities
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations based on documented needs
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning your disability
Student responsibilities include:
- Self-disclosing and directly engaging with Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Providing appropriate documentation in accordance with SAS guidelines
- Specifying and requesting accommodations needed as related to your disability, monitoring effectiveness of accommodations approved, and keeping SAS informed especially when questions or concerns arise.
- Following specific procedures to activate accommodations
- Meeting all University academic and behavioral standards and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
Once a student has completed the intake process and SAS has discussed and confirmed individualized accommodations based on a student’s documented need, students are responsible for engaging in specific processes and following procedures in order to ensure accommodations are in place. In the event that your appeal is denied please follow the SAS appeal guidelines.