International Students

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Authorize Your Employment Status

The information below is for students in F-1 status. It provides information about off-campus employment authorization called Curricular Practical Training (CPT), which is a paid off-campus internship/opportunity directly related to your field of study.

CPT is a benefit of F-1 status. You are not guaranteed CPT and must meet all eligibility requirements to be authorized.

For more information, see the CPT Guide and Application Process and the CPT Request Form.

Graduate Students using CPT for thesis or dissertation research that cannot be completed on-campus must also submit the CPT Faculty Approval for Research Letter.