International Students

International Students Employment & Internships

Learning Beyond The Classroom

As an international student in F-1 or J-1 status, you are eligible to work on-campus and may be eligible to receive authorization for off-campus positions. 

Students who have completed their program may be eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT).

In certain cases, you are allowed to work off-campus if you meet certain conditions. You must get immigration authorization BEFORE you begin any off-campus paid employment. 

Keep in mind that off-campus work options for international students in the U.S. are limited, applications for certain employment authorizations can take months to be approved, and that you must always have valid employment authorization to begin employment.

Contact Information

International Programs and Education Office
St. Germain Campus Center
Second Floor