Jump to Footer


What are the criteria for acceptance as a transfer student to Western New England University?

Admission is primarily based on academic achievement, measured by high school and college transcripts. Typically, successful applicants have a college grade point average of a B- or better after completing at least two full-time semesters. However, all students are reviewed as individuals, with unique and special circumstances surrounding their desire to transfer from their previous institution to Western New England University.

How do I apply to Western New England University as a transfer student?

We have rolling admissions in both the fall and spring semesters. To apply, submit the following:

  • Official College Transcript(s): An official transcript(s) for all college work attempted must be submitted (photocopies will not be accepted).
  • High School Transcript: Students who have not successfully completed 24 or more credits of college level coursework will be required to submit their high school transcript(s) or GED score report and all high school coursework attempted (AP, IB, and CLEP credits are not considered part of the 24 credits).
  • Transfer students applying to Western New England University who are members of Phi Theta Kappa must submit a photo copy of their certificate or have it indicated on their official transcript in order to be considered for a PTK scholarship.
  • For a transcript to be considered official it must be sent directly from a student’s current/previous institution to Western New England. Electronic transcripts submitted through eSCRIP-SAFE, National Student Clearinghouse, and Parchment are considered official and should be sent to learn@wne.edu.

An admissions counselor will review your completed application and send you a decision within approximately two weeks.

What credits will you accept from my previous institution?

Normally, credit is allowed for each course that is equivalent to a corresponding course at Western New England University provided that the grade earned is a C- or above, and the course is at the 100 level or above. Developmental or basic course work is not accepted. We will accept up to 70 credits from two-year colleges and up to 90 credits from four-year colleges (including any applicable two-year college credits). Within a few weeks of acceptance, we will send a degree audit showing how each previous course applies to your specific degree program at Western New England University.

Is financial aid available for transfer students?

Yes. Need-based financial aid is granted on a rolling basis, through completion of the FAFSA. You can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

What type of housing is available to me as a transfer student?

The University has several options for residence hall living. Transfer students who enroll as freshmen will reside in our "traditional" halls. Sophomores often live in the Plymouth Residence Complex, the LaRiviere Living and Learning Center, or Commonwealth Hall. These residential units provide suite-style living with two students to a room. Some upperclassmen live in our Gateway Village which houses students in one, two, and three bedroom apartments. Evergreen Village and Southwood Hall offer students, usually seniors, an opportunity to live in townhouses or two and four bedroom apartments.

How many credits do I have to complete at Western New England University to get a degree?

It is necessary for a transfer student to complete at least 30 credit hours of study at the University in order to be granted a degree.

How many transfer students attend Western New England University and from where do they transfer?

Each year, over 130 full-time students transfer to Western New England University. Some students find that their original college choice was not the perfect "fit" and transfer out of that four-year institution to our University. About half of our transfer students arrive from two-year institutions.

What academic support services are available to me at Western New England University?

In addition to the Writing Center, Math Center, and Science Center, which all have tutors available to you, the Student Success Center and your academic advisor are also excellent resources. The University also has a Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Office where services are offered to students who require academic accommodations.

What does the University offer in internship opportunities and job placement assistance?

To provide hands-on experience, the University offers a network of over 1,000 businesses and organizations where students can serve as interns, do field work, conduct engineering design projects, or student teach.