International Students

Immigration Status

What's Your Status?

As an international student on an F-1 or J-1 visa, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are maintaining your immigration status. Below is some important information that you should follow to assist you in maintaining your status.

Maintaining your immigration status is YOUR responsibility. Stay informed and ask questions if you are unsure!

As an international student, you need prior authorization from ISSS to do the following:

  • Drop below a full-time course load if unable to enroll full-time
  • I-20 Extension Request Form to extend your I-20
  • Apply for Curricular Practical Training
  • Apply for Optional Practical Training
  • Vacation Term Request Form for graduate students to take a vacation term

Important Information

Maintaining Your Status

Watch this video to learn more about how to maintain your F-1 or J-1 student status.

Contact Information

International Programs and Education Office
St. Germain Campus Center
Second Floor