International Students


Making A Global Impact

Prospective J Scholars must be invited by an academic department who will serve as a host and sponsor.

The J-1 visa cannot be used for tenure-track appointments. University departments interested in an H-1B to hire for a tenure track position should consult with your department and the University’s General Counsel.

When scholars arrive to campus, they will have an orientation with an IPE staff member to go over immigration regulations, living in Springfield, and other questions.

Living in Springfield

Contact Information

International Programs and Education Office
St. Germain Campus Center
Second Floor