Jump to Footer

Student Resources

Welcome to the Western New England University community! We are pleased that you have decided to continue your education here. On this page you will find a wealth of information that will help you prepare to begin your studies at Western New England. Students accepted for admission, or those granted permission to register, will be provided with a User ID to set up a Western New England University email account. Your User ID will be used to access all of the University's online resources, such as Connect2U and Kodiak. For technical support, feel free to contact our Help Desk at 413-796-2200.


One-stop surfing—Your personal Connect2U Web portal is a single point of access for commonly used Web applications such as Webmail, and Sefl-Service. This is where you will access your grades and much more. You will use your User ID to access your Connect2U portal. To login to your Connect2U account, visit http://www1.wne.edu/connect2u.

Accessing KODIAK

Many Western New England University courses provide distance-learning opportunities using KODIAK, which is software designed for delivering course materials over the Internet. Kodiak is used in many courses to supplement in-class learning. If your course will be delivered entirely over the Internet, this will be indicated on the class schedule. View a tutorial.For assistance, contact: Richard Pont, rpont@wne.edu or 413-782-1742, at the Educational Technology Center.

Registering for Classes

You will register via our student information system, Self-Service, using your Western New England login credentials. Before registration opens, please check to make sure your student accounts are in order and identify classes you wish to sign up for. You can contact an advisor in your Dean’s Office* if you need assistance with the registration process.

College of Arts and Sciences: 413-782-1279
College of Business: 413-782-1305
College of Engineering: 413-796-2386

*Behavior Analysis candidates should contact their program director regarding registration.

Self-Service Instructions

Student ID & Parking Permit

Make it official—once you have registered for a course(s), you should connect with the Department of Public Safety prior to your first day of class. A student ID and parking permit are mandatory for all students attending class on campus. You will need the ID to borrow library books, enter certain campus buildings, and charge books and/or food to your student account. Open 24/7 the Department of Public Safety is located on the Evergreen access road. 

Public Safety

Financial Aid and Billing Information

Please be advised that in order to be considered for financial aid, a part-time student must have final approval status into a degree program and be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours per term for graduate study and six credit hours for undergraduate study. You will access financial aid and billing information through the University Student Portal, Connect2U.  The receipt of financial aid documents, your award letter production date, award amounts, and other information are listed on an on-going basis. For questions concerning financial aid and billing, please contact Enrollment Services.

If your employer will be providing you with financial assistance with your educational expenses, make sure your contact the appropriate representative at your place of employment. Additionally, please complete our Tuition Reimbursement Form and submit it to our Enrollment Services Office. Download a copy of the form.

Website: Enrollment Services
Phone: 413-796-2080

Withdrawing from Courses & Refunds

If you decide a course is not right for you or need to withdraw for other reasons, you must submit a request for withdrawal in writing. Withdrawal forms are available at the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business and Engineering. Withdrawal dates and refunds are based on the course schedule. The University may require written documentation of any extenuating circumstances.


Refund Schedule

University Bookstore

Conveniently located at the St. Germain Campus Center, the University Bookstore offers one-stop shopping for textbooks, course supplies, newspapers, greeting cards, and University souvenirs. You are welcome to order your textbooks online through our bookstore.

Website: http://www.wne.bkstr.com/
Phone: 413-782-1284

Kevin S. and Sandra E. Delbridge Career Center

Located on the second floor of the St. Germain Campus Center, the Kevin S. and Sandra E. Delbridge Career Center can assist with career planning, occupational exploration, and job search strategies. College Central, the Career Resource website, allows you to post your résumé online and search over three million job listings.

Career Center

Computer Facilities

Approximately 400 computers are available on campus for registered students. You will find everything you need to write papers, create spreadsheets, explore the Internet, and prepare PowerPoint presentations. The main computer lab is located on the third floor, Churchill Hall. The lab is open most days 8:30 a.m.–11:00 p.m. Several PCs are also located at D'Amour Library.

Information Technology

D'Amour Library

The Library contains over 135,800 volumes, and has access to thousands of printed and online periodicals. An interlibrary loan program can locate additional materials from cooperating institutions. Your student ID will serve as your library card. You will be assigned a Personal Identification Number (PIN) through the library to facilitate the electronic checkout of materials and to access electronic resources.

D'Amour Library

Academic Support

At Western New England University, our student-centered focus means that you will be both challenged and supported to succeed here. We offer a variety of academic support services, including free academic tutoring to help students improve their skills and learn techniques to master new course content. With this support, students are encouraged to seek out assistance when they need it and empowered to build upon that experience on future assignments.

Our Academic Support Centers include:

  • Math Center
  • Writing Center
  • Science Center

Center for Health and Wellness

The Center for Health and Wellness is located in Room 235 of the Center for the Sciences and Pharmacy. The facility is open to all part-time adult learners, or graduate students currently enrolled.

Center for Health and Wellness

Anthony S. Caprio Alumni Healthful Living Center (AHLC)

The CAHLC offers students a place to enrich their lives beyond the classroom. The facility features a fitness center, indoor track, racquetball and squash courts, aerobics room, eight-lane pool, recreation area, 2,000-seat basketball facility, and wrestling room, all under one roof. Membership is available to students for $100 per semester.

Campus Dining

Enjoy snacks or a meal at the brand new University Commons. For a complete list of options and hours, click here.

On Campus Housing

Our Office of Residence Life is here to assist international graduate students seeking on-campus housing. Learn more about living on-campus.